Share this role
- South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- £14,000 for on average 3 to 4 days per month, however the time commitment may vary, and a flexible approach should be taken
- Closing date:
- 9am Monday 11th March 2024
- Job Ref:
Every day South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (SECAmb) provide healthcare assistance to thousands of patients of Brighton & Hove, East Sussex, West Sussex, Kent, Surrey and North East Hampshire. This is a hugely diverse geographical area including densely populated urban areas, sparsely populated rural areas, and some of the busiest stretches of motorway in the country.
Whether it’s through our emergency 999 service, NHS 111, or Clinical Coordination Centres we strive to deliver the right care, at the right time, in the right place; every time and in so doing reduce the number of visits to hospital giving our patients the best possible experience during what is usually an upsetting and emotional time. Our values are the standards which everyone working at our Trust is expected to live up to provide the appropriate care for those we serve.
The last few years have been the most difficult ever for the ambulance service. Our services have had to respond to challenges never seen before, and which continue to have a long-lasting impact. Challenging times continue for us as we focus on our priorities for improvement across leadership, culture, safety, and the delivery of our urgent and emergency care services.
We are now looking for an experienced clinical leader to join our board as a Non-Executive Director. With experience of working in a complex healthcare organisation at Board level. As a Clinical NED you will be a member of a highly experienced board, where you will help provide the leadership on strategic direction, performance management and governance of the Trust. Most importantly, you will be as passionate as we are about the work we deliver, will enjoy and be skilled at building partnerships across the complex systems we work within and want to be part of making life better for our workforce.
This is an unrivalled opportunity to effect change and transformation across the Trust whilst proudly improving the services for the communities we serve. You will have the highest standards of personal integrity, and be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of, and alignment to, our values. A strategic thinker, you will understand the challenges of operating within a unitary board. Politically astute, you will value and enjoy engaging and working collaboratively, with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that SECAmb delivers its priorities and works effectively with its multiple system partners.
We encourage applications from health care professionals and are also interested to hear from individuals with a background in health service research as we are passionate about embedding a culture of research to support us in transforming care and improving outcomes. We want our Board to provide a broad spectrum of lived experience and are keen to attract candidates who can bring diverse perspectives. We welcome expressions of interest from the widest possible range of backgrounds, particularly those who are under- represented at Board level in the NHS.
To find out more, visit our dedicated microsite: https://join-secamb.co.uk/ .
Or, for a confidential discussion, please contact:
Eleanor Lawrence, Senior Researcher
T: +44 (0)7590 355 825
Melanie West, Senior Consultant
T: +44 (0) 7384 464 187
Melanie Shearer, Partner
T: +44 (0) 7785 616 548
How to Apply
- Please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements.
- A completed fit and proper person form – the template can be downloaded from the same place as the job description.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- You should provide the names, positions, organisations, and contact details for your referees, which must be your line managers and include your current and most recent employer. The referees should cover at least two roles as the minimum. Please note, should you be appointed, you will be required to provide references covering your last 6 years of employment as per the new NHS Fit and Proper Person regulations. Where there have been gaps in employment, this six year period will be extended accordingly. Referees will only be contacted for those proceeding to the final stage - we will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.
The following consultants are managing this role and will be happy to answer any questions that are not covered in the person specification on the next webpage.
- Melanie Shearer
- 07785 616 548